Friday, August 6, 2021

Monthly Magazine Home


I initially chose to watch this because my #1 oppa, Ha Seok Jin, appeared in a cameo. Moreover, the male lead is one of his good friends. I found myself enjoying the drama and even liked the chemistry of the leads.

Jung So-Min plays a "homeless" editor who was hired to write for a magazine that features homes. The paper was bought by a real estate mogul played by Kim Ji-Suk who planned to use it to market his investments. 

Their first meeting was hilarious and KJS managed to come up with catchphrases that really gave his character life. (Stop!) Moreover, even if I've watched JSM in other dramas before, but she became my girl crush in this drama. She's so pretty!

There were so many learnings from this drama especially if you're seriously thinking of buying your own home. Though it may come out as hilarious but the Youtube videos that our male lead churned out were actually very informative. Bottom line is, if you really want a house, you have to save up for it and that would mean sacrifices. 

Make sure you're not in the mood to buy anything when you watch this as you'll end up not buying it instead. :) 

There's a quotable quote at the end of the drama that I liked. 



Before this, Editor Na (JSM's character) narrated what would be considered a a good home. It can be a place that is clean and cozy. It can also be a place where you would want to invite close friends to. But she concluded, that a good home is a place where a good person lives. 

In the end, she was able to find the place where she really felt at home. 

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT

The cast

I was on the fence on Kim Ji Suk as the only drama of his that I've watched was When the Camellia Blooms and I wanted to hit him there. I tried Top Star Yoo-Baek but am stuck at Ep 3 though a lot have recommended that to me. He's growing on me now especially knowing that he's the BFF of my number one oppa. 

I also watched Jung So Min in Because This is my First Life but I fell in love with her here. There's a freshness in her that I really liked. Will watch definitely her drama with HSJ and see who she has more chemistry with.  

Loved that Kim Won Hae is here. He's one of my favorite character actors. Funny though that I was watching this together with Drinking Solo where he's also one of the supporting casts. I almost interchanged his characters as he's also animated there.

The houses

I was blown away when they featured the houses and the corresponding prices. I had to google the KRW to PHP exchange rate to understand the cost. Not surprising considering how beautiful and large the houses were. It made me think if I would really want to live in such a luxurious spread even if I could afford it. Again, we all go back to what is considered our own definition of a "home".

WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT

The finale

I was really looking forward to the finale as I breezed through the 15 episodes. I wanted to find out what would happen to our leads. The writer had to insert that uncomfortable conflict at the end when there's not much build up to it. It took me by surprise and it did not invoke the right emotion from me. I should've cried but I'm my reaction was a "WTF just happened?" 
 
RATING

Giving this four tissue boxes. Even if I didn't like the finale, I enjoyed the whole drama. 

Watched: July 28 - August 6, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment