Saturday, September 8, 2018

Healer


I started watching this because I got curious when my friends refused to ship Park Min-young with Park Seo-joon. They said that they prefer her with Ji Chang-wook. I asked for recommendations and I was referred to this drama.

This series was shown last December 2014 until January 2015. It starred Ji Chang-wook, Park Min-young and Yoo Ji-tae.

Ji Chang-wook played a "courier" or night messenger with the code name of "Healer" that get things done for a price (short of killing someone). Park Min-young was a reporter from a tabloid news website while Yoo Ji-tae was also a reporter but more well-known. An event from several decades back brought them together and they had to deal with the truths that came out from that fateful day.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT

The JCW-PMY Ship

I didn't believe it at first but the Behind-the-Scenes (BTS) told it all. In contrast to the BTS of What's Wrong With Secretary Kim wherein Seo-joon and Min-young would immediately jump apart after an intimate scene, Chang-wook and Min-young can't seem to keep their hands off each other after a take. No wonder so many people are shipping them!



And they look oh so good together!




Ji Chang-wook

Now I know why Jinkee Pacquiao went crazy over him. He's really cute especially when he appeared all formal when he and Min-young crashed the press conference of the mayor.



WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT

The OST

There was just something off about it. The scoring felt clunky--instead of making the scene more emotional, it did the opposite.
And I have nothing against Michael Learns to Rock but I have no idea what they made Eternal Love as the show's theme song. Whenever they played it, it doesn't seem to fit.
Like in the clip above, the couple marched out of the salon with Eternal Love playing in the background. It really didn't feel right.

The Ending

I felt that it lacked resolution. Whatever happened to the parents of Chae Young-shin (Min-young's character)? And the evil assistant? It lacked closure! I want to know what happened to them.

RATING

I'm giving this two tissue boxes because of the JCW-PMY ship. Their chemistry is so palpable that you look forward seeing them in a scene together. And that airport scene. PMY was just so lovely and JCW was so smooth!

Watched: August 11-15, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment