Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Fight For My Way



After falling in love with Park Seo-joon in What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim, I searched for his other series to watch and I chose this to start with.

Starring, of course, Park Seo-joon and Kim Ji-won, with Ahn Jae-hong and Song Ha-yoon as second leads. It premiered on May 2017 and ran until July 2017.  It’s a story of four childhood friends who grew up together and how they struggled to achieve their dreams.

Park Seo-joon, as Ko Dong-man, was a taekwondo athlete who because of a painful past was stuck doing part-time jobs but later on became a mixed martial arts fighter.

Kim Ji-won's character, as Choi Ae-ra, wanted to become an announcer but ended up as a department store employee welcoming customers. 


WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT

Park Seo-joon
This is a given considering that the reason why I watched this was because of him.
Here's a clip from Episode 8 and you'll find out why he's adored by many.


This was PSJ's last drama before he started on What's Wrong With Secretary Kim. He really buffed up for this role and a lot of his fans are thankful for it (and he gained more!).

The Story
I'm still not sold on the partnership of KJW and PSJ but I did love the story. The lessons there are very appropriate (although I'm still not totally sold on living recklessly). I did love the part that it's not too late to follow your own dreams.
Moreover, all loose ends were properly tied up and knotted. And I loved how things resolved at the end.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT

Though I have a lot of friends shipping the love team of PSJ and KJW, I'm not really into it. A part of me is still shipping him with Park Min-young (but then, I'm shipping PMY with Ji Chang-wook...oh this is so complicated) because of their chemistry in Secretary Kim. But I have to give that KJW was adorable in this series. She does aeg-yo very well.

RATING

Giving this three tissue boxes because of PSJ.

Watched: June 30-July 2, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment