Friday, May 7, 2021

Unexpected Business: A Review

I don't usually review variety/reality shows as the main purpose of these programs is to entertain and there's not much of a storyline or a script and the stars just play themselves. However, this deserves a special mention.

I've also seen Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung in dramas (though I know CTH used to do a lot of variety but I haven't seen them yet) so it was a treat seeing them in a situation that is out of their comfort zone.

It was interesting how they handled the 10 days that they were temporary owners of a country store. They adapted quickly to their environment and even became one with the townspeople. CTH was so charismatic and JIS managed to charm his way into the hearts of the ahjummas. I love their alba (part-time workers/guests) and their dinner conversations. It's a different kind of reality show.

I cried with the two when they met with the owner at the last episode. They weren't able to meet with her when the series started so it was sort of a surprise for the cast. It was very emotional and touching.

It was also interesting to see the different personalities in their small village that appeared as guests. It was amusing to see their starstruck expressions when they saw the actors but they managed to get over that and treated them as one of their own.

I wish they would have another season. I will truly miss this show as it's so chill and relaxing to watch. Something to make me unwind on a Friday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment